September 17, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten

This day couldn't have come soon enough. Westin was so ready and so excited to start kindergarten. I think he asked me nearly everyday during August when school was going to start. When the day finally arrived, this boy was ready and so thrilled.

He had no problem going up to a new friend he had just met at soccer the week before...

He had no problem going to the class line and finding a seat...

and he was a complete natural friend when he gave each student an origami boat he had made them.
Pretty sure no one was expecting that, but what a great ice breaker. The boats were completely Westin's idea and they were a big hit. In fact, another mom later told me that her son came home that day and said, "mom, what can we make for the kids in my class?"


The last goodbye and he blew me a kiss. Melt my heart. I love this little boy... correction, big boy.

After school, I got the full rundown, but in short, "it was awesome!."

No comments: