December 9, 2012

SF Happenings

After Thanksgiving week, we were in SF for just one week before I drove BACK down to LA with Westin for another work project. That's where we are now... I'm done with work, but we're spending another week here because Ryan took off to Switzerland the day I got back from NYC. No point in going back and being by ourselves. 

Anyway, during the one week home, we enjoyed a couple days of nice weather before a storm came in for the remainder of the week. However, after life in Switzerland, we learned that a little rain doesn't have to get in the way of a good time. 

Westin still loves his superheroes - all of them. And he loves to dress up as just about anything or anyone. 
If it's not a superhero, it may be Diego (below - that outfit is his interpretation of the animal rescuer), a football player or even grandma's dog, Sage. He's got an incredible imagination.

The week we were home, Westin got his own piece of mail - a letter and picture from his friend Jersey. He was so excited to see her picture of the two of them that he drew his own immediately. This is Westin's version of Jersey and him.
I actually had no idea that he could draw people and was so excited and proud to see his picture. 

During Thanksgiving break, Westin received his birthday presents from grandpa Steve and oma Loni - this razor, blue pants and Superman shirt. He was really excited about the scooter, but believe it or not, the blue pants got the biggest reaction. Westin has been wanting a pair since his friend Eli got them probably a year ago. I was never able to find blue in size, so I ended up getting green. He liked those fine, but has never forgotten about the blue pants. One glance at the pants for his birthday and he was literally shouting, "Yes, mom, look, blue pants. Oh my gosh. This is awesome!"

I think the first two days back in SF he wore this outfit without it getting washed, and we were outside riding the scooter non-stop. The weather was gorgeous, so I had no objections.

Once the rain set it, we were all about the rainy day activities. This was my favorite. I love watching Westin be artistic.


At the end of the week, we went to dinner at Zachery's pizza and then over to the Oakland Temple to see the Christmas lights. It was still raining a bit, but we still enjoyed the quick walk around the grounds and a look inside the visitor center.
.

We took advantage of a little rain clearing on Saturday and went to downtown Walnut Creek to do some Christmas shopping.

In other news, I got a calling in our ward - I'll be the new Personal Progress adviser to the Young Women. I'm really looking forward to this calling and to being in YW after several years in Primary. I'm also looking forward to January, when I'll actually be around to serve in my calling :)

And on Monday, Westin and I packed up and drove back to LA. He spent some time with my mom and Ryan's parents while I was in New York for four days. I can't thank my parents and Ryan's parents enough for their help. After the New Year I'm really need to going to find some help locally so we're not putting everyone else out and having to drive so much. 

I'm back from NYC now, and staying with my mom. We just celebrated Westin's 4th birthday yesterday, which I'll post about soon.

Ryan just took off for Switzerland, so we're doing another two week stint without seeing each other. Not ideal, but hopefully the last one for AWHILE! 

No comments: