September 26, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Last Wednesday, Westin had his first day of preschool! He was so excited to go and absolutely loved it. So much so, that he cried when it was time to go home. (Still not quite sure if that means he loves preschool that much or if he just dreads going back to his house and would rather be anywhere else.)

I didn't get as emotional as I expected. In fact, no tears - just pride and excitement. He'll be going twice a week for two hours. It's a co-op program, so I'll teach a few days, help a few days and then have the rest of the time to myself. What, oh what, will I do? My little brother asked me if I'd be napping on those days. Ha! Not quite. But I do look forward to getting some alone time here and there.

Now for pictures!
So grown up



Getting ready to walk over with gal pals, Audrey and Jersey

Free play

Welcome song and lesson time

Westin was the calendar helper on his first day

Activity time

Headed out to the playground - they all have to hold on to this rope and walk together.

After their time outside, the kids have lunch and another classroom activity. And then it's over. Goes by quick, but they seem to enjoy every minute of it. At least I know Westin does.

No comments: