Today was Westin's 5th birthday. FIVE YEARS OLD! I can hardly believe it. Where is time going?
It's been a fun few days celebrating this superhero's birthday. We first had a visit from grandma Diana, which meant opening one of his presents early... because how could grandma say no when the result would be this kind of excitement and enthusiasm? So in-character!


Westin also got to celebrate his birthday at school, with cupcakes, a crown and a birthday song from the class. He loved it!
On Saturday night, it was Westin's pick for dinner - The Habit, where he loves to get a "cheese bun" (aka grilled cheese on a hamburger bun) and a chocolate milkshake.
And since we weren't having a party this year, I did try to make the day extra special with a few decorations. Our elf, Mikey, also joined in the celebration.
He had also requested a chocolate cake with sprinkles... so, I did my best to deliver with this six layer chocolate birthday cake, filled with a cake batter whipped cream filling.
And there was no way we were eating that cake ourselves, so it was really fun to have the cousins over to celebrate with us. Westin even got some help putting together his new Star Wars Lego set from the Lego pros, Grant and Delaney.
I think it was a successful birthday, and one that Westin enjoyed. One of my favorite parts of his birthday each year is watching him open up his presents. He always has the best, most enthusiastic reactions over the gifts. Quite honestly, it's kind of how Westin lives his life... he's full of passion, for just about anything. He's also friendly, outgoing, loving, kind, funny, smart, competitive, tender, stubborn, active, and curious. He loves making people laugh, especially Avery, which he's been able to do more and more of. He also loves to make me smile. He'll point out a rainbow and insist that it's something that should make me happy. He'll tell me a joke and hope for biggest, gut-filled laugh imaginable. He'll tell me he loves me or that I look pretty and waits eagerly for the tight squeeze he's sure to get. He's my little man. My little boy. And I love him so very much.






1 comment:
Sweet! I can't believe he's 5! These kids grow up so fast. I love following your blog and keeping up a little with you guys. I'm the worst commenter though. Avery's a doll. Congratulations. We'd love to see you sometime you are down here.
Post a Comment