So we last left off with Switzerland. We said goodbye to Ryan at the train station in Zug and then Westin and I were on our own to Zurich airport.
The train ride was a breeze. It was getting off the train and up to the ticket counter that proved to be the challenge. It was just Westin, me, a jogging stroller, three large suitcases and our carry on bags. Luckily, we met a nice couple on the train that helped me unload on to the platform where there were luggage carts waiting nearby. The unfortunate thing was that the luggage carts were so poorly designed and difficult to steer that it took me about 30 minutes to find my way from the train platform to the ticket counter. But we did make it and from that point on, the day and the flight went really well. We took off around 1:30, and about seven hours into the flight, Westin fell asleep at his usual bedtime and slept until we landed. Just wish we would have had a little more space... as in, enough space for me to sit and be comfortable. But I'll take a sleeping child on a 12 hour flight that my own comfort any day!
We landed on time and were greeted by my dad. We then went straight to the nearest fast food joint to get a REAL Diet Coke. Yes, I'm blogging about that. It had been a while.
We arrived home on Wednesday afternoon, and by Thursday night I was off to San Diego for Kirsten's wedding. Westin was excited to get some grandpa Steve and Oma Loni time, and I was excited to see my girls!
I arrived to the hotel late, spent a little time with the gang chatting by the fire, and then went to bed, hoping to sleep in. However, thanks to some noisy neighbors and jet lag, I was up at 5:30 and decided to go for a run around Mission Bay and along the beach. It was beautiful and despite the lack of sleep in the last 48 hours, I was just so excited to be home and to be running along the ocean again. I had missed that!
We had a great weekend, filled with a lot of laughs and good times. Kirsten was a beautiful bride and I'm so grateful I could be there to celebrate with them.
Getting our nails done
Taking Troy to doggie daycare
Getting Kirsten's backyard ready for the rehearsal dinner (a plan B after plan A had a little hiccup)
The bride calming down her mother
The other lovely mom of the group
Rehearsal at the church
My roommates for the weekend
Night out cruising Mission Bay
The big day!
The high school half of the bridal party
Congratulations to Kirsten and Venon Mena!!!
And while I was off partying with the girls, Westin was having his own party with grandpa Steve and Oma Loni - playing basketball, miniature golf, and visiting grandpa's office. Here are some pictures I received during the weekend.
Such studs!
Alright, more to come...




























1 comment:
Yay you're back to blogging! I hope everything is going well with the new place. Can't wait to see pics of it:) I'm so glad we got to see each a couple times while you were out here, miss you guys! Let us know when you're back down this way and we will for sure meet up!
Post a Comment